At Budget Insurance, we know it’s hard to budget, but when you don’t – eish, you realise you can’t afford not to! That’s why we’re giving away R30 000 in cash to help you stay in budget.
Here’s what you need to know when you enter the competition. All participants, by entering the competition, agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. Entry into the competition and/or acceptance of a prize (in the event of winning a prize) constitutes a binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of the winner.
2. No staff member of Budget Insurance and/or any of its associated or affiliated companies and/or agencies, and staff members or their immediate family may enter the competition.
3. The prize available to the winner is R30 000.
4. Participants are allowed to enter the competition using the following entry mechanism:
4.1 Facebook- To enter, entrants must click on the link provided through the Budget Insurance Facebook page. They will then be asked to submit their details to gain entry into the competition.
5. No persons under 18 years of age may enter the competition.
7. Only people legally living in South Africa will be eligible to take part in this competition.
8. Anyone eligible can enter; this competition is not exclusive to Budget Insurance clients.
9. Participants are not eligible to partake in or win a competition if they have won a competition promoted by Budget Insurance within the past six months. Winners may participate in a competition promoted by Budget Insurance after the expiry of six months from the date on which they won the last competition.
10. By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from Budget Insurance and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into a contract of insurance with Budget Insurance and/or a contract with any of their associated or affiliated companies.
11. The winners will be randomly selected by Budget Insurance. The conducting of the competition shall be overseen by an independent person appointed by Budget Insurance.
12. It is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that their entry is received by Budget Insurance prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by Budget Insurance prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
13. Budget Insurance and its affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, Budget Insurance and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether or on the Internet, or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
14. Budget Insurance and its affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by entrants to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
15. It is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that any information that they provide to Budget Insurance is accurate, complete and up to date.
16. Any costs or expenses which entrants may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for their own account. Budget Insurance will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which they incur during and for purposes of their entry into the competition and their acceptance and/or use of a prize.
17. Budget Insurance does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
17.1. their entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in entrants winning a prize;
17.2. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet the winners requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
17.3. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory.
18. Budget Insurance and its affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
19. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item.
20. Entrants may not win the prize if it is unlawful for Budget Insurance to supply such a prize to them. If an entrant is selected as the winner and it is deemed unlawful they will forfeit the prize.
21. The competition starts on 6 June 2017 and ends on 31 July 2017. The winners will be announced within two weeks of the competition concluding.
22. The winner will be notified by means of telephone or email.
22.1. In the event the winner agrees to the disclosure of their name in the marketing of the competition, a prize handover will be arranged with the winner and this will take place in Johannesburg.
22.2. If Budget Insurance or a third party is unable to contact winners either via email or telephone within 30 days (contact will be attempted weekly) or if the winners are unable to collect the prize within 30 days, the winners will forfeit the prize and Budget Insurance reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
23. In the event that an entrant wins a prize, they agree to the publication of their name and to appear in person, in the electronic media and the print media, and they agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise Budget Insurance goods or services, for which no fee will be payable. Should the prize winner not agree to partaking in the above, such decision should be expressed in writing.
24. Budget Insurance may require the winners to provide additional information as they may reasonably require to process and facilitate their acceptance and/or use of a prize.
25. In the event that entrants win the prize, Budget Insurance will notify the entrants that they are winners and will contact them to arrange the delivery thereof. In this regard, the prize will be delivered via EFT by Budget Insurance. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed to Budget Insurance.
26. Budget Insurance reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which they deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, entrants agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Budget Insurance, their affiliates, and third-party suppliers.
27. Entrants agree that their participation in the competition, and their acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at their own risk.
28. Budget Insurance and their affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by entrants due to participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by them, or their partners (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by Budget Insurance or any of Budget Insurance’s affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
29. If the winner fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
29.1. they will be automatically disqualified and they will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that they have already won a prize);
29.2. they will reimburse Budget Insurance for any loss or damage incurred by Budget Insurance directly or indirectly as a result of their non‑compliance, including all of their legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which Budget Insurance may incur in taking any steps pursuant to the winner’s non-compliance; and
29.3. winners indemnify and hold Budget Insurance and their affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to their failure to comply therewith.
30. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means Budget Insurance’s partners, co‑promoters and sponsors of this competition, Budget Insurance subsidiaries, and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and Budget Insurance and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
31. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
32. Budget Insurance and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on the winners, and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the entrant.
34. Budget Insurance is an authorised financial services provider (FSP license number: 18178).