Life offers many unexpected turns, and not all of them are good. That’s why we offer you extra cover for extra peace of mind – so that you can be prepared for whenever disaster may strike.
Budget’s Personal Accident policy has been created with this in mind so that we can help you make sure that your family have what they need in the event of death, disablement, or hospitalisation resulting from an accident. We’ll take care of the burdens, so you can focus on what's most important.
Personal Accident includes:
- A discount on the additional premium, if you add your partner/spouse.
- A tax-free payout in the event of death or disablement.
- Non-medical expense cover, as a result of hospitalisation, commences on the first day of hospital admission for a maximum of 104 consecutive weeks.
- Children are covered for 25 % of the main member’s cover but limited to the maximum amounts stated below:
a) R10 000 for children unborn to 6 years old.
b) R30 000 for children 7 to 14 years old.
c) 25% of the main member’s cover for children between 15 and 21, and up to 25 if they are registered full-time students.
- Please note that the cover selected by the main member determines the amount of cover available to children older than 15.
- These maximum payable amounts are specified in Section 50 of the Short-Term Insurance Act.
- Automatically included Expo-Sure cover, which gives you access to HIV testing and treatment after accidental exposure.
You can find out about all the details of Personal Accident by clicking here to view the brochure.
This is not a medical scheme and the cover is not the same as that of a medical scheme. This policy is not a substitute for medical scheme membership