Budget Insurance Company Limited (“Budget”) is an authorised insurer and financial services provider licensed in terms of the Short-term Insurance Act, 53 of 1998 (“STI Act”) and Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002 (“FAIS Act”) respectively.
Budget Insurance is also a Direct Marketer which means that Budget Insurance provides the predominant part of its financial services concerned in the form of direct marketing.
Budget Insurance will on a continuous basis be in a position to market and advertise its product offerings to the general public and will endeavour to at all times comply to, including but not limited to, the following legislation, applicable codes of conduct and /or principles:
Compliance to legislation:
Budget has implemented measures to ensure compliance and will always strive to:
2.1 Savings messages are based on independent research conducted during 2022 by Kaufman Levin Associates (Pty) Ltd
2.2 The average savings amounts are based on research for individuals who made a positive saving on their policies.
2.3 The reports upon which the savings messages and amounts are based on will be provided within a reasonable time on request.
Opinions expressed by influencers/ endorsers does not constitute as financial advice.
Queries / complaints:
Should there be any queries or complaints regarding any form of advertising by Budget Insurance Company Limited, please contact us on the numbers provided below:
Queries / Complaints: 0860 10 90 59
Compliance: [email protected]
If you would like anymore information about our website and the contents of this policy please contact [email protected]
If you would like anymore information about our website and the contents of this Policy please contact [email protected]
Website Legal Notice - Budget Insurance October 2016:
1. Please read the following Website Legal Notice carefully as it contains the Terms and Conditions of Usage of the Budget Website, Webpages, Mobisite, or any part thereof (located at www.budgetinsurance.co.za) (the “Website”) owned by Budget Insurance Company Limited as well as other important legal notices applicable to the end user accessing the Website (“User”) or (“You”). You will be subject to the Website Legal Notice in force at the time that you use the Website. For the avoidance of doubt, the Website Legal Notice available on the Website at the time of each of Your Website usage sessions shall govern the relevant session.
Email: [email protected]
BUDGET INSURANCE WEBSITE LEGAL NOTICE
Website Terms and Conditions of usage:
1.The User’s (Your) usage of the online services contained on the Website constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Usage contained below and your arising obligations towards Budget.
2. Budget may amend these Terms and Conditions of Usage at any time by posting the amended Terms and Conditions on the Website. All amended terms shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Website and any subsequent site shall be governed by such amended terms. This agreement was last revised on 30 November 2014. You are advised to regularly check these Terms and Conditions for any amendments or updates.
3. Website enquiries:
Phone: 0861 60 01 20; Email: [email protected]
4. Enforceability: These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
5. Usage: Unless otherwise specified, the Website is intended for your personal use only. You may not authorise others to use the Website, and you are responsible for all use of the Website by you. The Website is not intended for persons under the age of 18, and Budget does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 18.
6. Limited liability of Budget Insurance: the user understands, acknowledges and agrees that usage of the website and reliance on the website content is at the discretion and risk of the user. Budget, in its discretion, reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the website, including, but not limited to: content, hours of availability and equipment needed for access or use of the website. Budget shall attempt to maintain the availability and accessibility of the website; however, Budget takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable or inaccessible for reasons beyond the control of Budget.
7. No Warranty: The Website has not been tailored to any specific individual User’s requirements and is provided to the public as a whole; based thereon the information contained on the Website is provided by Budget and/or its partners, affiliates, members, suppliers or agents without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including (but not limited to) any implied warranties of reliability, fitness for any particular purpose, timeliness, sequence, completeness, non-infringement of third party rights and/or freedom from errors or inaccuracies. Budget makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all material and information on this Website is correct but cannot represent or guarantee the accuracy thereof. As such, Budget makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content, information, and materials contained in this Website which are provided to you, as is and as available.
8. Indemnification of Budget: Subject to clause 1.1 above, You agreed to defend, indemnify and hold Budget, its officers, directors, members, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against any claims, damages, actions, losses and liabilities including without limitation: loss of profits, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages and any reasonable legal and/or accounting fees, resulting from, (i) the access to, use of, or browsing of this Website, (ii) downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from this Website, and/or (iii) viruses, bugs, software/program malfunctions, errors, failures, delays in computer transmissions or network connections.
9. Unauthorised Use of the Website: The User is permitted to use the Website for legitimate purposes only. Unauthorised use of the Website includes posting or transmission of data which violates or infringes in any way this Legal Notice or the rights of Budget or third parties, uses which are unlawful, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or offensive in the discretion of Budget or which constitutes advertising of goods or services in the absence of written approval from Budget. Unauthorised use of this Website may give rise to Budget instituting a claim for damages against You and/or You may be found guilty of a statutory and/or criminal offence and/or be liable for civil damages.
10. The caching of the Website shall only be allowed if:
- The purpose of the caching is to make the onward transmission of the content from the Website more efficient;
- The cached content is not modified in any manner whatsoever;
- The cached content is updated at least every 12 (twelve) hours; and
- The cached content is removed or updated when so required by Budget.
11. Third Party Website Links: Budget Insurance may include or provide links to third party websites on the Internet. Such websites may provide opinions, recommendations, or other information and services from various individuals, sponsors, organisations or companies. In providing such links, Budget does not investigate the content of such information or services and does not endorse, guarantee, warrant, or recommend the accuracy and/or legality of such information or subscribe to any such opinions or recommendations.
12. Budget Insurance Website Links: The Website may also contain links to other distinct websites which are owned and run by Budget or associated companies and contains, for instance, further information on other goods and services of Budget. These links are provided for your convenience and for the purpose of providing additional information. Where applicable, your use of the linked Budget website is governed by the usage terms applicable to that specific website and is not governed by the Terms and Conditions of this Website.
13. Use of Budget Insurance Forums, and other social media communication platforms: Users may participate in discussions, contribute content to a discussion forum and blog or other social media communication platforms associated with the Website. You agree that the liability for such content rests with You, as the originating User. Budget does not control, monitor nor enforce editorial control over any such content. Budget does, however, retain the right but not the obligation to remove any material from any such forums, blogs, social media platforms which it deems inappropriate, is illegal, of an infringing nature, or is the subject of a complaint.
14. Users hereby license Budget to publish, use, sub-license, distribute, amend, update and store material posted to the forum, blog or other social media communication platform;
15. Budget shall not be liable for any damage, loss, liability and/or harm incurred by any person if such harm to the User or third parties resulting from a User’s posting to such platforms;
1.9.3. Budget does not necessarily endorse, encourage or agree with comments, opinions, or statements posted on such platforms. Any content posted including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the statements and do not necessarily represent the views of Budget.Users waive all moral rights that may attach to material posted to such platforms.
16. Valuation tools, calculators, games and other features: The Website may contain or make available various tools, calculation devices, software programs, games or other similar features which assist you in calculating insurance policy premiums, levels of excess and other indices and information. Budget shall not be liable for any errors or inaccuracies associated with the use or reliance on such tools etc. and it is the sole responsibility of you, the User to review and elect to use or rely on such tools, devices programs, games or other similar features.
17. Applicable Law, Domicilium, Jurisdiction and Arbitration:
18.1 The Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore this Agreement shall be governed by and be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
18.2 In the event of any legal dispute or action being brought in connection with this Agreement, it is agreed that the venue of such action shall be Johannesburg, South Africa and each party hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the courts thereof.
18.3 Without any restriction on Your rights to pursue legal recourse in the forum of Your choice, You agree that any dispute regarding this Agreement that cannot be resolved amicably, shall, with Your consent, first be referred to confidential arbitration in terms of the rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa prior to proceeding to Court and such arbitration shall be conducted in English in Johannesburg.
18.4 Budget confirms the domicilum citandi et executandi for all purposes associated with the Budget Website, transactions pertaining to the Website, including the giving of any notice, the payment of any sum, the serving of any process, as follows:
18.4.1 Any notice by any party to Budget which is transmitted by electronic mail and/ or facsimile to Budget at the Budget electronic mail addresses and/or facsimile addresses (as the case may be) shall be presumed, until the contrary is proven by Budget, to have been received by Budget on the date of successful and complete transmission thereof.
18.4.2 Budget Insurance does not receive legal notice or accept the serving of documents attached to legal processes on the Company and/or Trustees by electronic mail.
19. Website Intellectual Property: This Website constitutes software and content (such as: images, text, animation, photos, video, graphics, music, sound and voice) that is the intellectual property of Budget Insurance Company Limited and/or various third parties and subject to the intellectual property laws of South Africa.
20. Further and to the extent that Budget does not own specific content, or such content falls within the public domain, Budget may hold copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such information on the Website.
21. No rights and/or licence to Budget’s intellectual property or the intellectual property of third parties have been granted to You, unless otherwise indicated.
22. The software and content may not be used in violation of the intellectual property rights of Budget and/or such third parties as applicable. Without limitation on the prohibitions placed on the User, the User expressly agrees not to:
22.1 commercially exploit, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, publish or broadcast any Website content without the prior written approval of Budget or in the case of third party content, the owner of that content;
22.2 claim or convey ownership of Website content either in its entirety or otherwise;
22.3 modify the Website content for the purposes of reposting to other websites;
22.4 alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from the Website content; including proprietary notices contained on any content;
22.5 copy or otherwise incorporate Website content or software into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form; and/or frame the Website or any part of the Website.
23. Unsolicited Commercial Communications: You agree not to collect or use any Personal Information listed on the Website, pertaining to for example, Website users, contributors, members, clients and/or executives or advisors of Budget for the purposes of transmitting and/or in any manner facilitating the transmission of unsolicited commercial communications.
24. Software and Equipment: It is the responsibility of the User to acquire and maintain, at his/her own expense, the necessary computer hardware, software, communication lines and Internet access accounts required to access the Internet and the Website and/or download content from the Website.
25. Budget Insurance Information and Website Compliance
The following table contains further information on Budget and represents the information that must be provided by Budget Insurance Ltd to You in compliance with Section 43 of the South African Electronic Communications and Transactions Act. This section of the Website Legal Notice was last revised on 05 November 2012. You are advised to regularly check this section of the Website Legal Notice for any amendments or updates.
Telephone: 0861 60 01 20; Email: [email protected]
Budget Insurance Company Limited
Budget Insurance’s physical address & telephone number:
1 Telesure Lane
+27 (0) 11 489 4000
BUDGET INSURANCE’s website address & email address:
Email: [email protected]
Membership of any self-regulatory or accreditation bodies to which Budget Insurance belongs or subscribes:
Digital Media and Marketing Association, Advertising Standards Authority, Financial Services Board
Code of Conduct to which Budget Insurance subscribes and how that code of Conduct may be accessed electronically: