The promotor of the competition is Budget Insurance Company Limited, an authorised financial services provider (FSP:18178), whose registered office is at Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191.
1. The competition commences on the 9th January 2018 and ends on the 9th February 2018, both days inclusive. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
2. The competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
3. The competition is not open to-
3.1 directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of Budget Insurance and/ or any of their associated or affiliated companies and/ or agencies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2 the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child or sibling, of any person specified in the above.
4. You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by Budget Insurance within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by Budget Insurance after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
5. There will be 4 competition posts on Facebook throughout the competition month. Entrants will need to comment on one of the four competition posts, posted by Budget Insurance, within the competition period. The entrant will need to use the hashtag #kickstartmybudget in their comment, to be eligible to enter.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will only be counted as one entry.
7. R10,000 for the randomly selected winner. Payment to be made by electronic funds transfer and subject to any deductions by the South African Revenue Service
8. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. Budget Insurance will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
9. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, which documents and permissions is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
10. Budget Insurance may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
11. Budget Insurance will contact the winner to arrange the collection/ delivery of the prize.
12. The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to Budget Insurance.
13. The winner will be notified by Direct Message Facebook within 30 days of the closing date of the competition.
14. If Budget Insurance, or a third party supplier is unable to contact a winner within 30 days or if the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of notification, the winner will forfeit the prize and Budget Insurance reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
15. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for Budget Insurance to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
16. If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which Budget Insurance may have, you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize).
17. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”)).
18. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages/ data usage will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply. These costs are for your own account.
19. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by Budget Insurance prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
20. Budget Insurance and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
21. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to Budget Insurance is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, and false or misleading, your entry shall be disregarded and you shall be prohibited from entering any further Budget Insurance competitions for a set period to be determined by Budget Insurance.
22. Budget Insurance does not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
22.1 your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
22.2 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
22.3 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
23. Budget Insurance and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
24. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
25. Budget Insurance may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
26. Budget Insurance and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
27. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
28. Budget Insurance and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
29. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
30. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
30.1 all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
30.2 you will take full responsibility for your partner;
30.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
30.4 any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
31. By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from Budget Insurance and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into a contract of insurance with Budget Insurance and/or a contract with any of their associated or affiliated companies.
32. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means Budget Insurance’s partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
33. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
34. Budget Insurance and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.