New Customer Sales: 0861 00 19 17{{currentVDN}}   |   Existing Customer Sales, Services & Claims: 0861 60 01 20   |   24 Hour Emergency Assistance: 0860 10 42 11
  • Call me back

    Please call me back

    Please enter a name.
    Name must contain some letters.
    Please enter a contact number.
    Please enter a valid contact number.
    Please select a reason.

    Please select a suitable date and time

    Please select a suitable date.
    Please select a suitable time.

    Thank you, we will call you shortly.

    Refer 3 friends for a quote and stand a chance to

Buildings Insurance

Ready to Budget?

Get Covered Today.


Save up to R408pm* with us!

Get a Cash Back Bonus


Simply add the Cash Back Bonus to your Budget Insurance policy and if you remain claim free for two years, we’ll reward you by giving you money back.


Find out more

Affordable Buildings Insurance



Outbuildings Cover


Our Building Insurance doesn’t only cover your main home structure. We also insure your outbuildings, garage, lapas, cottages, swimming pool, walls, gates, and more.



Bundle & Save!


Bundle and save! Combine your Buildings Insurance with a Car Insurance policy and you’ll save 10% on the Building Cover premium.



Database of Specialists


Have a home emergency? No problem! Our database of electricians, plumbers, glaziers, locksmiths, and more will be there to help you out in no time.

What is Buildings Insurance?


Your house is more than just a building. It’s where you relax and spend time with the most important people in your life. It’s also one of the biggest assets you’ll ever own, so it’s worth protecting. At Budget, we understand how important your home is to you. That’s why we offer affordable Building Insurance quotes that protect your physical home from all kinds of damage.

Comprehensive Building Insurance


Every homeowner knows that a lot can go wrong in a house – and doesn’t it always seem to happen when you can least afford it? Our Building Insurance covers you for a wide range of eventualities so that no matter what happens, you always have a home to return to.


We cover loss and damage caused by a range of natural occurrences such as fires, falling trees, floods, storms, and earthquakes, as well as damage from malicious actions, theft, and break-in. 


If you decide to include it in your policy, we’ll cover the cost of repairing or replacing your water-heating systems like geysers, solar panels, and boilers. You get comprehensive homeowner’s liability cover which you can extend to R5 million, R10 million, or R20 million if you need to.


If you’re leasing your property and your tenants can’t stay there due to damage caused by something we cover, we’ll pay for a portion of the rent you were getting until they can move back in.


We even cover you if a vehicle crashes into your wall and we’ll post guards outside your home if your security is compromised and it takes a while to get the damage repaired.


Property Insurance


With our Property Insurance, you can make sure every part of your home – from your building to your bookshelf – is covered at an affordable premium.

More About Buildings Insurance

House insurance


Before you accept a building insurance quote, you might want to learn why you need house insurance in the first place.


Read more


Building insurance calculator


Want to understand how we work out your Building Insurance quotes? Have a look at what factors we take into consideration when quoting you.


Read more


Home building insurance


Home building insurance is a lot different from business buildings cover. Find out why we insure these two types of buildings differently.


Read more


Building Insurance Benefits



Cash Back Bonus


Add Cash Back Bonus to your Building policy and get a payout in just two claim-free, consecutive years’ time.



Assist benefits


Automatically get access to our Road, Home, Medical, Trauma, Legal, and Entertainment Assist benefits.



Householder’s Liability Cover


Increase your householder’s liability cover up to R5 million, R10 million, or R20 million.

Frequently Asked Questions

What does Building Insurance cover?

Use your imagination for a second for us. If you were to turn your entire property upside-down, everything that didn’t fall out your house or off the ground would possibly be covered under our Building Insurance. So essentially, Building Insurance covers most of the structures, fittings, and fixtures on your property. This includes the main house, cottages, garages, tennis court, gates, walls, fences, and swimming pool. For items that do fall out your home, we offer Home Contents Insurance.


Our Building Insurance is comprehensive, which means it’s covered against a range of risks, such as fire, lightning, earthquake, burst pipes, damage caused by vehicles crashing into your property, intentional damage, and theft and break-in damage


Why shouldn’t I over- or under-insure my building?

Over- or under-insuring your home is an easy trap to fall into. Here’s why you should be careful to make sure your building is insured for the correct amount. 

If you under-insure, and you ever need to claim, we won’t pay out the full value of your claim – only a portion of it. So, if your home is worth R1 million but you only insured it for R700 000, we will only pay out 70% of the value of your claim.

If you over-insure, we won’t pay more than 100% of the value of your claim. This means you’ll have paid more than you needed to in monthly premiums for no reason.


What factors do I consider when deciding on the insurance value of my home?

If something ever happens to your home, there are a lot more costs involved than merely replacing what was damaged. There could be demolishing and debris removal costs in addition to labour, material, and construction charges. It’s important to take all these expenses into account when deciding how much to insure your home for. 

Moreover, make sure you insure it for the replacement costs, not what your fittings and fixtures are worth now. Here’s an example of what we mean: Your house was built in the 1970s and still has some of the original bathroom fittings, like an avocado-green bath tub. If your home catches fire and the bathroom is destroyed and needs to be rebuilt, the chances are slim that you’ll get the exact same bath you had before. Instead, you’ll be replacing it with a modern tub, so you’ll need to factor in the cost for this new bathtub.


Do I need to update my insurance if I renovate my home?

Most likely, yes. Renovations are bound to change the value of your home, which means the value you insure it for will change. If you’re unsure how much you should increase your insurance by, try calling the bank with whom your home loan is registered. They may be able to send out an assessor and give you an accurate valuation. You can also ask our advice when you call us to update your sum insured and we can help you figure out how much to increase your cover by.

What isn’t covered under Building Insurance?

Most of the permanent structures, fittings, and fixtures on your property are covered under our Building Insurance. However, there are exceptions, as follows:

  • Swimming pool equipment (can be insured under Portable Possessions).

  • Borehole equipment (can be insured under Portable Possessions).

  • Fire damage to a thatched-roof building unless your policy states you’re paying for this.

  • Any structures that haven’t been approved by a local authority.

  • Structures with faulty design or construction.

  • Damage caused by roots and weeds.

Ready to Budget?

Get Covered Today.


Save up to R408pm* with us!