Budget Insurance will be running the “Budget Keeper” competition with Jacaranda FM, Kaya FM and East Coast Radio
The promoters of the competition are Budget Insurance Company Limited (Registration number:1998/004804/06), an authorised insurer and financial services provider (FSP: 18178), whose registered office is at Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191, in collaboration with Jacaranda FM, Kaya FM and East Coast Radio (“the participating radio stations”).
DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION
5. The competition is open to all existing and new Budget Insurance clients who are permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
6. The competition is not open to-
6.1. directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of Budget Insurance, Jacaranda FM, Kaya FM and East Coast Radio and/ or any of their associated or affiliated companies and/ or agencies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
6.2. the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child or sibling, of any person specified in the above.
HOW TO ENTER
7. Jacaranda FM, Kaya FM and East Coast Radio (the “participating radio stations”) website entries:
7.1 To enter the competition through one of the participating radio stations website, participants are required to do the following -
7.1.1 Identify one of the competition announcements that will be made by the participating radio stations and posted on their websites with the entry instructions for the duration of the competition;
7.1 2 Go onto the participating radio stations websites;
7.1.3 Tap on the competitions pages and follow the prompts to enter the Budget Keeper Competition.
8. SMS entries:
8.1 To enter the competition through SMS, participants are required to do the following-
8.1.1 Identify one of the competition announcements that will be made by one of the participating radio stations and posted on their websites with the entry instructions for the duration of the competition;
8.1.2 For Jacaranda FM, SMS the word “Budget” to the following number 37942;
8.1.3 For Kaya FM, SMS the word “Budget” to the following number 36959; and
8.1.4 For East Coast Radio, SMS the word “Budget” to the following number 33116.
8.2 For an obligation free insurance quote from Budget Insurance, a participant must reply with the word “Budget” to the sms they will receive from Budget Insurance.
8.3 Once the steps to enter the competition have been completed, a participant must wait to be called by one of the participating radio station presenters;
8.4 Every Monday morning from around 07:00am one lucky participant will be called by one of the participating radio stations and will be awarded the title of Budget Keeper for that week;
8.5 Budget keepers will be awarded a weekly budget of R50 000.00 (fifty thousand rand) in prize money;
8.6 Every weekday, a further two lucky participants will be called by participating radio stations’ morning show from around 07:00am and afternoon shows from around 16:00pm to be given an opportunity to win cash from the Budget Keeper’s R50 000.00 budget through the following process:
8.6.1 The participants will be randomly selected and called by one of the presenters from that competition week’s participating radio station;
8.6.2 The participants will need to answer their phones using the winning phrase – “I Budget, how about you?”;
8.6.3 A participant who does not use the lucky phrase when answering their phone will only receive R1000.00 (one thousand rand);
8.6.4 If a participant answers their phone using the winning phrase, a Budget Audio Wheel will be spun live on air by that week’s participating radio station to determine how much money will be taken from the Budget Keeper’s R50 000.00 budget;
8.6.5 Once the wheel is spun, the lucky participant on air will receive the prize money indicated where the wheel stops;
8.7 By spinning the Budget Audio Wheel, each participant stands a chance to win prize money from the Budget Keeper’s budget to the value of up to R10 000.00 (ten thousand rand).
9. Participants are not required to purchase or enter into a policy with Budget to enter the competition
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU ENTER?
10. A participant may enter multiple times, there is no limit to the amount of entries per participant.
11. If a participant has won a prize in this competition through one of the participating radio stations, they will not qualify to win again.
12. Participating radio station will be given R50 000.00 (fifty thousand rand) each to be allocated to their Budget Keeper’s budget.
13. Participants stand a chance to win a share from the Budget Keeper’s budget of R50 000.00 (fifty thousand rand).
14. Each week’s Budget Keeper will keep the remaining prize money in their budget on the last day of that competition week.
15. All participants called by one of the participating radio stations and who have taken an obligation-free insurance quote from Budget Insurance when entering the competition will also stand a chance to be weekly winners of R2 000.00 (two thousand rand).
16. On air winners will get an additional R2 000 (two thousand rand) if they also took an obligation-free insurance quote from Budget Insurance.
17. The maximum amount each participant can win is limited to R50 000.00 (fifty thousand rand).
REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST MEET TO USE THE PRIZE
18. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
29. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, which documents and permissions is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
20. Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
PAYMENT OF PRIZE MONEY
21. Budget Insurance will arrange for the payment/ delivery of the prize and duly inform the winner.
22. Payment/ delivery of the prize may take up to 30 days after the winner has been announced.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED
23. One Budget Keeper will be drawn every Monday from around 07:00am and two other winners will be drawn every weekday, with one winner drawn by a participating radio station’s morning show from around 07:00am and the other winner, by a participating radio station’s afternoon show from around 16:00pm for the duration of the competition period.
24. The winners will be notified on the specific radio presenter’s show during the competition moment.
25. Winners may be posted on participating radio stations’ social pages with their consent.
26. The winners may also be invited to participate in a prize giving hosted by Budget.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED OR IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE
27. The participating radio stations and Budget Insurance will attempt to contact the winner three times within a 72 hour period with the contact details provided. Should the participating radio stations and Budget Insurance fail to contact the winner after this time, the winner will forfeit the prize and Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations reserve the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
28. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
39. If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations may have, you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize).
30. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions.
31. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages/ data usage will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
32. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by Budget Insurance prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
33. Budget Insurance and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
34. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, and false or misleading, your entry shall be disregarded and you shall be prohibited from entering any further Budget Insurance competitions for a set period to be determined by Budget Insurance.
35. Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
35.1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize; or
35.2. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
36. Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations, including their affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
37. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item.
38. Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
39. Budget Insurance and the participating radio stations, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
40. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
41. Budget Insurance and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
42. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
43. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
43.1. all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
43.2. you will take full responsibility for your partner;
43.3. you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
43.4. any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
44. By entering this competition, contestants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from Budget Insurance and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into a contract of insurance with Budget Insurance and/or a contract with any of their associated or affiliated companies.
45. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means Budgets Insurance’s partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
46. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
47. Budget Insurance and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.