COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Budget Insurance will be running the Budget Bill Blaster competition on Metro FM and East Coast Radio (herein after referred to as “the radio stations”) in conjunction with Online organic social and Paid Media channels.
The promotors of the competition are Budget Insurance Company Limited (herein after referred to as “Budget”) a licensed non-life insurer and financial services provider (FSP:18178), whose registered office is at Auto & General Park, 1 Telesure Lane, Riverglen, Dainfern, 2191 and Ultimate Media.
DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
1. The competition commences on 24 January 2022 and entries close on 25 February 2022. After this date no further entries into the competition will be permitted.
WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION
2. The competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION
3. The competition is not open to-
3.1. . directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of Budget, Ultimate Media, the radio stations and/ or any of their associated or affiliated companies and/ or agencies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2. . the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child or sibling, of any person specified in the above.
HOW TO ENTER
4. To enter the competition via the radio stations, participants are required to do the following -
4.1. . Visit one of the participating radio stations’ websites, click on the Competitions tab and register for the Budget Bill Blaster competition;
4.2. . Fill in their details including their bill amount and bill type.
4.3. . Customers will then be entered into the draw upon submission of details. Customers may opt in to receive an obligation free insurance quotation from Budget.
4.4. . During each competition moment, participating radio stations will announce daily winners on their respective radio station. The participating radio station will call a name from the online entries to join live on air to have their bill blasted.
4.5. . The radio stations will announce two lucky participants’ names and bill amounts out live on air, each participant will have a maximum of 15 minutes to call the respective radio station to have their bills blasted.
5. To enter the competition on the Budget website, participants are required to do the following -
5.1.. . Go onto the competition page on Budget’s website, click on the Competitions tab, fill in their details and submit to enter into the Budget Bill Blaster competition;
6. To enter the competition on Budget’s social media pages or other Online paid media channels, participants are required to do the following -
6.1.. . Click on the relevant social media post or online banners with the Bill Blaster competition creative, click onto to the ‘enter here’ hyperlink or button which will then re-direct them to Budget’s website Competitions page to fill in their details online and submit to enter into the Budget Bill Blaster competition;
7. Participants who have opted in for an obligation-free quote will, in addition to the bill amount to be blasted, be awarded an addition R1000.00 (one thousand rand).
8. Entries received via any other available channel other than the one stated above, will not qualify as an entry for the Budget Bill Blaster Competition.
9. Participants are not required to purchase or enter into an insurance policy with Budget to enter the competition.
10. Participants who are existing Budget policyholders may only complete an obligation-free insurance quote for new risk items and not for risk items already insured by Budget.
11. All entries received through the Budget Insurance website and respective Online paid media channels outside the radio stations will be drawn a week after the competition closing date and winners will be contacted by Ultimate Media.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU ENTER?
12. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will only be counted as one entry.
13. If a participant has won a prize in this competition, they will not qualify to win again.
14. Randomly selected winners across the radio stations stand a chance to win a share of R400 000 (four hundred thousand rand).
15. The maximum amount a Metro FM and Budget Insurance website /social / paid media channel winner can win is limited to R9 999 (nine thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine rand).
16. The maximum amount an East Coast Radio winner can win is limited to R15 000.00 (fifteen thousand rand).
17. The prize amount will vary per winner and is dependent on the amount of the bill registered upon entry into the competition.
REQUIREMENTS YOU MUST MEET TO USE THE PRIZE
18. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. Budget and Ultimate Media will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
19. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, which documents, and permissions is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
20. Budget, the radio stations and Ultimate Media may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
DELIVERY/ COLLECTION OF PRIZE
21. Ultimate Media will contact the radio station competition winners to arrange the payment of the prize.
22. In the event that you win a prize provided by a third-party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. Ultimate Media and/or Budget will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
HOW WILL WINNERS BE NOTIFIED
23. Winners will be announced on the respective radio stations and will thereafter be contacted by Ultimate Media, by means of the contact details provided to Budget on entry, within 30 days after the closing date of the competition.
24. Winners will also be announced on Budget’s social media platforms.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE WINNER CANNOT BE CONTACTED OR IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE
25. If the winner cannot be reached by the radio station, Ultimate Media or Budget, the winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn.
26. If the radio station, Ultimate Media or Budget is unable to contact a winner after the winner has been announced within 15 days or if the winner does not claim the prize within 15 days of notification, the winner will forfeit the prize.
27. If a person whose names was called out on air by East Coast Radio or Metro FM does not call the station back in the stipulated time, then the person forfeits and a redraw will take place. If none of the names drawn phone back, then 2 more names will be drawn, and the process repeated.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
28. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for Budget to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
29. If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which Budget, the radio stations and Ultimate Media may have, you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize).
30. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
31. If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages/ data usage will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
32. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by Budget and/or the radio station prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
33. Budget, Ultimate Media, the radio stations and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
34. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to Budget is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with this competition prove to be invalid, inaccurate, and false or misleading, your entry shall be disregarded and you shall be prohibited from entering any further Budget competitions for a set period to be determined by Budget.
35. Budget, the radio stations and Ultimate Media do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
35.1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
35.2. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
35.3. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
36. Budget, Ultimate Media, the radio stations and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
37. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred or changed for any other item.
38. Budget, the radio stations and Ultimate Media may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
39. Budget, Ultimate Media, the radio stations, and our third-party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension, or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third-party suppliers.
40. You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
41. Budget, Ultimate Media, the radio stations and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
42. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
43. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
43.1. all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith.
44. By entering this competition, participants agree to receive marketing and/or promotional material from Budget and/or any of their associated or affiliated companies. No contestant or winner of this competition is in any way obliged to enter into a contract of insurance with Budget and/or a contract with any of their associated or affiliated companies.
45. For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means Budgets’ partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
46. These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa
47. Budget, Ultimate Media and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.